Microgreens are vegetables or herbs that are harvested shortly after they have sprouted and produced their first set of true leaves. Microgreens are more akin to baby greens in that only their stems and leaves are considered edible. As tiny as they are they pack a punch! Microgreens deliver an intense and aromatic flavour and a concentrated nutrient content, vibrant colours and unique textures. They are considered "baby plants" falling somewhere between a sprout and baby greens.
Pea shoots are one of the most protein-rich vegetables. The contained protein contains all eight essential amino acids. Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C make peas as valuable as their content with minerals: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, manganese, zinc, iron, silicon, potassium, sulfur and sodium
- 7x more vitamin C than blueberries.
- 8x more folate than sprouts.
- 4x more Vitamin A than tomatoes.
- Up to 69% of high quality bioavailable protein
- High in antioxidants and phytonutrients, which are necessary in supporting the body’s inflammation system!